From Larry R in Combined Locks, WI:
Here are my 5 things that the Packers need to have a repeat appearance at the super bowl.
- Great Coaching – The defense was simply amazing. Unending injuries all the way through to the super bowl. TT found players that were available and the coaching staff found ways to make them look like they should have been starters all along. That is superior teaching, coaching, and scheming. The Packers will need more of that and some more creativity because they will be studied to death this off season. The opposing coaches have nothing else to do…..
- Aaron Rodgers missing less than 3 games – We may have a better than average backup but at some point you cannot get better without playing time (and he is not getting much). What really makes this offense click is a quarterback that reads the defense and makes plays. The Packers will play tough and keep it close but bottom line, this team will sputter without Rodgers.
- Get Hot When It Counts – I give credit to the team leaders for this happening in 2010-2011. This when your stars and your emotional team leaders really make things happen even if they do not necessarily do it themselves. The Packers have a number of these veteran leaders but I immediately think of Charles Woodson. His numbers may have been down a bit this year but I believe he showed up BIG.
- Strong Offensive Line Play – Looks like there will be at least one and maybe two changes in the offensive line this year. With minimal practice time and maybe even a shortened preseason schedule, they may need a few regular season games to really begin to gel. They better not take too long because this part of the game is just too critical.
- Defensive Line Play – I assume Cullen Jenkins will be gone and that is just a shame. The team does have candidates but no real replacements.